Wednesday, November 17, 2010

another note on happiness

Wooo! Do you like the B-52s? Do you like Speed? Well I have neither. BUT. If I were to make a band that you can boil and shoot up into your veins in order to give you an earth shattering high, Architecture in Helsinki would be that band. Listen to their music and I DARE you to not be happy. 
how can you not love a person who made a triangle costume out of PAPER?!


I mean, I wasn't planning on dancing, but my foot literally twitched to the rhythm for a split second.
On that note of happiness, I wanted to make a list of things that cause inevitable happiness. I've been thinking about lots of different types of lists but being that I want to tantalize you with images as well as words (so. hot.) those posts will have to wait because my computer hates my camera's memory card. :( Also, some other lists are in the making because I wanted them to be super meaty. Speaking of. I just ate a burger and if I die from a cardiac arrest, you know it's because of Tommy J's AMAZING burgers

Jumping on jumpy things
Think about it. I don't have to. I know jumping is great! I've become an expert jumping picture model and so have my friends.
WEE!

Try doing a jumping picture. OK. Take another. 9 out of 10 times, your faces are the same. Why? I don't know. Why do we open out mouths when we put on mascara and why do we open and close our mouthes when we cut with scissors? It's just human nature.
You know what else you should try? STAR JUMPS. They're supposed to help with agility so we always had to do them for our track workouts. Seriously, I cannot stop laughing when I do star jumps. It's probably because I'm at a delusional state having done a track workout and all I want to do is lay in a grave. That doesn't sound like it would make you happy. But really, look at this fit looking lady
She probably has a 7-video exercise series at the low low price of 5 easy payments of 15.49 not including shipping and handling and if you call now she'll throw in the magic chopper. But seriously though, jump on your bed, or a hoppy couch, or party crash that 8-year-old's party down the street. Jumping is fun fun fun fun and will make you smile sooo freakin hard.


free things
When you go to a convention, or a job fair, or a place where they give free (and mostly unnecessary) swag, what happens? You go straight to the booth that's giving out free reusable grocery bags that-you'll-never-use-because-you-always-forget-to-get-them-when-you-go-to-the-store-therefore-defeating-the-original-purpose in order to put more free crap you'll never use. Cool. Sucky frisbee with a company name imprinted in it. 7 thousand pens. Post-its. But you know what. Free stuff makes people happy. It's true. Like, who doesn't love it when you go to costco around lunch time and they're giving out free samples?! It makes you happy enough to think that 5 pounds of raw almonds are the best thing in order to top off an amazing day prompted by the free samples. But really, free things are awesome when you really don't expect it. It's great at college because they assume we're starving students so they give us pizzas and Monster drinks. Why is Amuricaaa fat again?

clean clothes 
think about it. after showering, you love wearing fresh clothes that don't smell like an animal crawled inside, defecated, ate it, then proceeded to die. Extra points when they're crisp. Bonus extra points when you fit them.
you know what is clean? Bina and I because we fit in a dryer

right clicking
do it. if you can (sorry mac users) there's a split second of euphoria. I don't understand it either, but you have this feeling that something amazing is coming, and it's usually in the form of a drop down menu. Talk about getting your kicks.

new color pencils/markers 
This is so undeniable. Come on, you don't have to use that stub of a pencil that used to be black (obvi the most used color) and when markers are SO SHARP and you can basically trace the outline an ant with it. And you use all these things at an angle in order to preserve them in their original state. Then you have kid cousins who think that drawing hard will make their drawings look better but NO. IT STILL LOOKS SQUIGGLES. But opening crayola markers, It's perfect, the top is perfectly creased and you know no other finger has dug under in order to pull the top off. There's no box face crease from opening it too many times. And the colors are so vibrant. I'm pretty sure i'm going to marry a crayola color pack.
Nadia's sweet 2010 halloween costume. be jealous
There's a thousand other things that make happiness happen. Like alcohol. But these are the ones I can think of now. What makes you jovial?

No comments:

Post a Comment